Monday, May 25, 2009

Spring Cleaning, Summer Motivations

Ok Teri, time to really get organized. Tired of listening to the truths that eminate from DH mouth. Craft Room is a junk heap, stash is disorganized and uncovered, and you never finish a project. I cannot debate any of these facts with him. What can I do to change to the peson that I would more like to be like?
1. Organized office / craft room.
5/25 - initiated. Bought bins for scraps. marked them wool, cotton, acyclic and crochet cotton. tossed partials of appropriate yarns into Ziplocs and placed in appropriate bin. If I remember info about partial, I note it on Ziploc. amazing the amount of info I have forgotten in the less than one year I have be trading and buying on KYS and ISO/DS as well and collecting sock balls for my Sock Yarn Blanket by Shelly Kang. (it may need its own bin as well with mini Ziplocs.

2. Document my stash in Ravelry. What the heck is on these shelves? I am a ball a holic and yarn gets balled, looses it label, never to be truly identified again. So many hand-dyed that I knew minimal about when they were gifted to me, now I know less. Maybe if I got them displayed, a few mystery skeins could be, would be identified by their initial mamas. I am proud to own these products and love to give credit where credit is due!
3. Organize Books. I have many books that I have listed on PaperBackSwap. They need an area where they can live together, maybe covered and be shipped out as requested. Neither hutch in the front room is being used efficiently. I think I will repurpose the darker one and maybe it will gradually come live in the office - possibly Where the TV stand is and it could hold TV, office supplies - including mailing paraphanelia for KYS and PaperbackSwap in bottom and books in top. I like that idea!
4. Organize all the printed patterns that I have wasted paper on. I have three huge ring binders just waiting for this job. Then they could lay useful in a corner of this imagined book case.
5. Organize my acyrlic Most fulls. I would like those covered, yet displayed in a fashion that would allow me easy access to what I have. This yarn is not my favorit for projects for myself but it is great for AFSKT squares and such. Does this mean another bin (I don't think so) or the skeins, ziplocked together in identical colors and displayes on a book shelf - preferably and eye level.
6. Closet. Also a pig sty. this need to be dumped of all grand child junk that has been grown out of. Anything worth saving should be moved to Beth closed shelves (she doesn't use them - and the bedroom really is the grands room as much as Beths anymore. Neither really uses it with any regularity. Yet I want to not be reliant on any area of it! Once I clean out office closet. This would be storage for beads, spare needles, maybe mailing supplies would be more appropriate here, project bags. WIP on sabatical, button boxes.
7. Living corner - I have a upolstered rocker and the bins currently in that corner. I would like a table for items in use as well as soda. The old wooden file cabinet, collecting dust in bedroom would do well. I could use a foot stool - need to watch WalMart, Craigs List, Free Cycle for same!
8. Mailing schedule. Every Friday evening/Saturday morning I will package and send out mail. Just do it and quit being hassled by it. You receive things quickly from others and they expect the same curtosy from you. You are perfectly capable of doing this rather than surfing p0rn for no good reason!
9. You have sigfificant stash that you will never use. Get it on ISO/DS page and get it claimed. It will clean up you shelves and provide the appropriate people with items that will be used. That is the Karma goal!!

Sound like a appropriate Mission Statement and work plan - I think so. It is easily obtainable also if I just knuckle down and do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment