Tuesday, September 30, 2008

New Obsession


Got my first baggie of 5gm balls today. You know, little tiny sock yarn scraps that you send to the wonderful person organizing the swap and she throws them in to a huge bucket and pick out 10 balls and sends them back to you. It is almost as fun as Christmas. The reason it is such small amounts is because it is for a sock yarn mitered square blanket. I have finished 4 blocks with my new booty. I went online and registered for 3 more swaps. Too much fun. I hope this is a project I stick with - I beleive it will be because it moves fast, I don't have to obsess on a pattern and it is very portable. Already set up one of those make-up bags (that reproduce in our cabinets) with a couple baby balls, a pair of my cheapie ebay bamboo needles with a short cord and some little scissors. I can definately cart this around in my purse and I also can keep it in my pocket and work on them during treatment team.



Of course, if anyone reads this and has sock yarn scraps - 7 yards makes a square - let me know. I am more than happy to put them to good use!

No comments:

Post a Comment